In Canada’s evolving business landscape, any opportunity for a company to become more efficient or reduce expenses must be considered. Cisco Canada President Nitin Kawale has described this period of Canada’s business history as being a time of opportunity or peril, and I couldn’t agree more. When I first heard Nitin speak about the need for innovation and productivity, I immediately thought of how collaboration technology can be a catalyst for both. Afterall, they have the power to eliminate geographical barriers, increase productivity and reduce travel expenses.
We’ve all heard that over 90 per cent of communication is non-verbal, and our WebEx and TelePresence solutions enable customers to forget entirely about the other 10 per cent. They allow employees to collaborate face-to-face, in real-time, while Jabber helps them stay connected from any device, anywhere. The way we are working is changing, and businesses of all sizes need to embrace these changes or risk being left behind.
I recently spoke to Adam Davis, President of Next Dimension Inc, a Cisco partner in Southwestern Ontario, to get his perspective on how collaboration technologies impact the Canadian business market.
Now more than ever, time is money, and by leveraging the latest in collaboration technologies organizations help save time by cutting travel costs, increasing collaboration and participation between participants in less time – a benefit which just isn’t possible in traditional conference calls.
When it comes to deciding on whether your company should upgrade its existing collaboration system, the total cost of ownership both in the actual platforms, and the networks they require to deliver these services on, have never been lower. This reduces the total time it takes to build a return on investment business case, which is a big deal for many companies. Legacy collaboration systems don’t have the same depth and feel of today’s solutions, the new systems today provide a HD experience which can only be matched by a face-to-face meeting.
Building on that, there’s no better way to develop team culture than by leveraging immersive video conferencing. Even in 50-employee organizations we’ve seen huge operational efficiencies by utilizing solutions like Cisco TelePresence instead of conference calls because everyone is more engaged. Furthermore, the same technology has made visual communication and collaboration between our customers and their clients easier than ever, no matter where each are located.
My thanks go to Adam for taking the time and sharing his thoughts with us. If you’re not sure whether the time is right for your business to upgrade your legacy collaboration solution, talk to one of our partners –like Next Dimension – across Canada. They can find the right solution to help your business see what’s possible in this land of opportunity.
To read more about Cisco’s Collaboration portfolio, visit our website.